We will assume that you already have Oracle 8 installed and can connect to the
database. The web server must also have the Oracle Client software installed even if
you are using the same server for both the web and database.
Please read and understand each of the sql scripts supplied.
You may wish to create a separate tablespace for the web helpdesk and
create the users in that tablespace.
You may also wish to implement a differing security model.
You will need to amend the CONNECT statements as they assume the default
password for the system user.
If you make any changes to the users created by users.sql,
you will need to apply the same changes to all the other scripts.
The Oracle folder installed by the setup contains the following sql scripts needed to create the
database for LBE Web Helpdesk
- users.sql Creates users named lbe_owner and lbe_user.
- create.sql Creates the same tables as in the Access database (above).
Also creates a package named pkg_lbe and grants lbe_user the appropriate privileges
on the tables and package.
- sequence.sql Creates the sequences which are used to generate unique
ids for the tables and grants select rights to lbe_user.
- triggers.sql Creates the triggers which are used to automatically insert unique
ids from the sequences into new records.
- synonym.sql Creates synonyms for lbe_user on the tables, sequences and packages.
- data.sql Seeds the tables with their initial values.
- lbe.sql A sql file which runs all of the above sql scripts. You may wish
to spool the output to a file before running this script.
- drop.sql A sql file which drops both lbe_user, lbe_owner and all their objects.
Use with care!!!.